SANTA MONICA AND VENICE BEACH

SANTA MONICA AND VENICE BEACH
THE SEXY 60S, MEMORIES OF GOOD TIMES

Sunday, May 1, 2011

THE BEACH THROUGHOUT OUR LIFETIME




FROM THE FIRST TIME...I saw the Pacific Ocean and the beach, it was a relationship that was personal and loving, though it grew lonely at times and at times almost too lonely for me to continue. There is the photo of the footprints in the sand, taken by my good friend, Shane, a Kansas City friend who has been a friend and friend indeed. I borrowed his photo from his Facebook page because it reminds me of the "Footprints In The Sand" poem. The bench at the top is a concrete seat where I sat while taking some time out in the Veterans's Hospital back in Perry Point. If I had never seen the beach, if I had never walked along the beach, would my life have been different?


What would I have missed that has been so special to me throughout my lifetime? This is a question each of us can ask about a favorite geographical location. No matter how full of joy an area might be, there are usually some heartaches attached in our memories. I will not use this space to dwell on my saddest moments, neither will I say that "life is a beach" without the thought of some of the sorrow I have known as I walked the beach deep in thought about decisions I have made.


No comments: